Old July 20th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default How can I tell if mine works?

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

HF propagation wrote:

AM signals are too strong to set the RF gain at maximum ...

If that is indeed the case there must be a problem.

I"m not familiar with R7x, but on my R8, if the AGC is switched off,
MW signals will block with full RF gain.

Is R7x similar enough to R8x that could be the case?

Yes, that could certainly be the case if the AGC were switched completely off.
That can be a good reception technique, but then of course the RF gain has to be
lowered.
But with the AGC on, the R7/A can handle most anything and should not be
experiencing blocking with the RF gain set completely clockwise.