Old July 10th 03, 02:12 AM
G.Beat

Yes sir,

In the early days of networking, I had to install and support a WIDE variety
of networks and
physical media (and a few different file server OS - but largely Novell !!)

In addition to the original Token Ring 4 Mbps and Thick and Thin Ethernet
(10-Base-5 and 10-Base-2)
Altos Server and original 3com Net (Thinnet based)
Novell's S-Net
Proteon's 4-Net and 10-Net (10 Mbps 10-Net was not adopted - later IBM 16
Mbps was)
G-Net ( 1 Mbps)
Omninet (for Apple II)
ARCnet Token-passing (PC and old Datapoint 8-bit processor version)
Sytek / IBM PC Network (used 75 ohm CATV cabling)
Appletalk for Macs
AT&T StarNet (another 1 Mbps)

and others from Novell lab classes when Ray Noorda showed up and signed your
certificate!

Today, the company I work for is owned by the US patent holder for Token
Ring

.... who said the world is small?

w9gb

"bobinphx" wrote in message
arrrrggg type 1!!!!!!!!!!! ever see type 2... (it also had phone cable

in
it!!)

Both types were a B*^ch to manage correctly!!!!!

Bob (who's fingers still hurt from type 1 terminations!!!)