Old July 22nd 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank Frank is offline

Default coax filter dilemma

What doesn't seem to agree between theory and practice is that
measuring any "b" stub in parallel with the dummy load shows an
impedance of about R=11 and X=11, while on the smith chart this should
be R=11 and X=21 (obviously all at 70 MHz). Why it does measure right
alone and wrong with a coaxial "T" adapter and the dummy load in
parallel?
Of course in real life I'm assuming a Vf=0.88 for the cellflex cable
and checking measures with the analyzer.

What could be wrong?
Any hint is appreciated

73 de Frank IZ8DWF

In simulation I am getting 86.8 degrees for the shunt stubs, and
62.4 degrees for the series coax between stubs. Seems about
the best compromise with results as follows:

65 to 75 MHz S11 -10 db
65 to 75 MHz S21 -1 db
88 to 90 MHz S21 -16 db
90 to 116 MHz S21 -20 db.