Old July 22nd 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] francesco.messineo@gmail.com is offline

Default coax filter dilemma

On 22 Lug, 21:49, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message
,
writes

Francesco, before you go, may I ask what is the purpose of the filter?
Is it to prevent the local FM stations interfering with reception? Or is
it to stop any unexpected transmitter spurious signals from being
transmitted in the FM band?

It is to prevent desensing from strong local FM stations. Noise can go
up to S7 when beaming the local transmitters. An LC filter could be
easily made but that would need to be switched out when in TX (or made
to pass a few hundred watts), I just thougth a couple of stubs could
be easier to made. I think I was wrong.

73
Francesco IZ8DWF