Old July 27th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fieldops Fieldops is offline

Default Lakeview 2 meter colinear as a base antenna: High SWR, radial length?

I have been putting together a 2m colinear in a mount bracket for
portable base use. I cut three 19.5" radials and noticed that I cannot
get the antenna under 2:1 swr. I adjusted the whip for 44" as
instructed. Changing lengths did not get me under 2:1. It just changed
the resonance point. Does the whip HAVE to be cut so too much does not
go into the antenna? I adjusted it to the needed length, but did NOT
cut the whip. I know that lakeview also makes this antenna in a base
station configuration. Does anyone know what size radials Lakeview
uses? Are the radials for this antenna primarily for decoupling? If
anyone has experience with this antenna in this configuration, any
ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!