Old July 27th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.design
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Does reactance of dipole depend on diameter ??

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

This is just one more example of an anomaly which reminds one of "The
Emperor's New Clothes--Hans Christian Anderson."

That, for some strange reason, science cannot explain the relationship
of conductor diameter to length in an ABSOLUTELY predictable manner
smacks of "charlatanism." This is proof, in my humble opinion, that
gross errors exist on a very basic level of our
understanding/formulas/equations of RF and light ...

Einstein suspected "the answers" in a "small equation", perhaps as short
as an inch and a half long which would encompass "the theory of
everything." After pages of complex calculus/algerba/geometric
equations--we end up little better than "a guess." :-(

Surely there are some out there knowledgeable of a "hand-job!" grin

Obviously, something is amiss, and until that is corrected we do better
than "guess."

Regards,
JS