Old July 28th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Vertical problem

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:55:16 +0100, "826" wrote:

Now something tells me not to tune the antenna with the instruments locate
in the shack because it will not be curing the problem. It will just hid it
until I start running some power. Then I would think something would start
to get hot in the field. Like the traps.

Hi Vern,

You DO want to tune the antenna with instruments located in the shack.
You are tuning an "antenna system" and the complete system should
appear to be resonate to both the instruments AND the transmitter.
More power (or less power) should have nothing to do with the state of
tune - unless you have an intermittent. If you have an intermittant,
this is a failure, not a mis-adjustment.

From other indications you have shared, your problem is a
comparatively subtle error, not a major failure.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC