Old July 30th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Smokey wrote:

H-m-m-m...

a $50 converter for each TV or...

groceries. What a tough call to make, Dude.
And yet, they'll pay it. I've heard hundreds of stories about the "poor" who are
out buying the latest and biggest TV sets. Gimme a break, for a lot of those
folks, TV is the #1 priority.

In the US, the poverty level is defined such that many of 'the poor'
own homes, cars, have air conditioning, and not one, but two color TV's.

The 'poor' in this country, do not live in tribal conditions in the
veldt.

I'm always amused when looking for garage sales on the weekend, to
drive through low end neighborhoods, and count the number of highly
accessorized high end cars and SUV's in front of tiny boxes that haven't
been painted in this decade. And then drive through higher end
neighborhoods and count the number of Chevy Cavaliers in front of
McMansions.

People live according to their priorities. And they often define
quality living by the number of toys.
I like my 1977 Buick LeSabre.. still under 100,000 miles!

No ****. Excellent.

Yeah, and I bought it almost 5 years ago with 63K on it and brand new tires. Got it for
$600. Actually owned by a 'little old lady' who passed away at 90+ years.

That's a great find. I'm still looking for another Studebaker. I've
had 3 over the years, and they've been about as trouble free as any car
I've ever owned...and a lot of fun to drive.

Got lucky after the Dakota got crunched (and nearly me too), and I don't drive all that much
anymore anyway. Seems as though I saw a Studebaker for sale down the road in the past few
weeks.