Old July 31st 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] greenhornet@cato.com is offline

Default (OT) S. California Earthquake

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:28:31 -0700, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
WLS 890 Chicago is reporting a preliminary 5.8 magnitude earthquake
that
hit the
greater Los Angeles area at 1842Z.

It was a 5.4 and really is what is called a small quake.

Yep, since you have a GED I guess I'll just have to take your word on that
one.

No, take the word of the director of the USGS. She spent the afternoon
explaining that this was a minor quake, with about 2% of the energy of the
1/14/94 Northridge event.

Last I checked, USGS classed it as a 'moderate' quake. Not unusual
to see differences between what's put on the news and what's on the
USGS website - especially within the first 24 hours.