Old July 31st 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

wrote in message
On Jul 30, 5:56 pm, "Smokey" wrote:

Did you REALLY think this was all about enhancement of the viewing
experience?

For me it is. Several new channels (sub-channels) of programming
already on the air. In fact, I watch the sub-channels more than the
regular ones. No need to pay for satellite or cable. We are told
that next year we could have over 80 channels (including subchannels)
of programming to select from here in Central California. I'm getting
networks I never heard of before with great programming. AND, I don't
have a big screen HDTV. I watch a 20-inch analog tv and am getting
the best reception ever.

You're fortunate. Many areas outside of a city don't get DTV at all. Also,
if you have a lot of subchannels, you're not getting HDTV, as it is an
either/or situation. Subchannels mean that the bandwidth is not available
for HD (anything over 720p) signals.