Old July 31st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default MA5B background noise

John Smith wrote:
Did you ever manage to have it "fixed?"
How did you manage it? Who did you report it to?

The power pole ground wire didn't appear to be
broken, just radiating like crazy. I managed
it by transmitting on the vertical and receiving
on the dipole. In the process of A/B comparisons,
I discovered that the vertical was never better
than the dipole and usually worse. The EZNEC
comparisons are on my web page at:

http://www.w5dxp.com/dipvsver.htm

To be fair, since receiving was limited to East/
West QSOs, the Extended Zepp beat the socks off
the vertical.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com