Old August 1st 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] garyarnold@aol.com is offline

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

On Jul 31, 4:15 pm, wrote:
For some people who don't subscribe to satellite tv (I subscribe to
DirecTV, To much money for the amount of bread) or cable tv, there will
be no tv at all for them.I think some of those people will be highly
pizzed off too.It will not be an easy transition from Analog tv to HD
tv.I predict there will be, Katrinas all over America, there will be
Hell to pay! fed govt F..ks up again! Wearethegovtandweareheretohelpyou.
cuhulin

It's not going to be any surprise for anyone who watches over-the-air
TV. Every channel here advertises the change all day and all night
long. It is constantly going across the screen on a banner, they keep
announcing it -- there is just no way these people don't know what is
coming. I know people in their 80's and 90's who already have a
digital tuner or converter box. Central California has the largest
over-the-air population of anywhere in the US, and everyone I talk to
is well aware of what is coming. Yes, it might require an outdoor
antenna for some who now use an indoor antenna. We have 13 full-power
stations here and 13 low-power stations. All 13 low-power stations
will remain on the air for a few more years.

I don't think it's going to be a big problem at all. You would have
to live in a vacuum to not know what is coming. And there are people
helping the elderly install their converter boxes. And more low power
stations keep popping up. They will provide the service to those who
don't want to make the conversion at this time.