Old August 1st 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

m II wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

FCC has been very clear about this...no one may prevent the
installation of an outdoor antenna for TV reception. Digital or otherwise.

I wonder why there haven't been stories of people in restricted condos
putting up long wire antennas that, by pure coincidence, work better at
receiving shortwave than they are getting TV signals?

Better yet, TWO long wire antennas that could be explained away as
merely huge rabbit ears.

mike

You're being absurd.

FCC has also implied an extension of the Ham radio antenna exemption
for other radio hobbycraft. And there have been instances where local
CC&Rs have been overruled.

I posted a link to the relevant rule here a few years ago. And used
that very rule to shut down a couple of attempts to get my antennae
pulled down.