Old August 1st 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default (OT) S. California Earthquake

dxAce wrote:

Sorry if anyone in here lives out in that area but I have to say- why
in the world would people live out there especially the ones along the
worst fault line in the history of the world? It just doesn't make
sense to me. I could give all kinds of analogies that would make it
sound even funnier. Everyone and their grandma **knows** it is just a
matter of time before the big one flattens and kills many people and
here is the kicker IMO.....they choose to live there? They warned and
I had read for the last ten years about the Louisiana area. Sure
enough everything happened just like the experts warned about. I guess
I am missing something. ;-)

Yeah, I myself question the 'rebuilding' of New Orleans. It's in a bowl for all
intents and purposes and it'll just get wiped out again. Not today, not
tomorrow, but it will happen.

New Orleans did just fine until George Bush cut the funds for levee
maintenance. New Orleans did fine until the oil companies destroyed the
50 miles of marshlands between the city and the Gulf. New Orleans did
fine until Mr. Go.

But don't worry. Nobody's rebuilding New Orleans.