Old August 1st 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Mount for 4 band Vertical on Travel Trailer.

Knowing the structure is important. Most TTs are flimsy without adding
reinforcement. I added a mast and rotor for VHF+ ops. For HF, I have
tended to stick with the mobile antenna and add a section of RG8 into the
trailer via pass-through. For 40 and 80 I add a 25' length of wire from the
tip to a nearby support and load up as an inverted L or put up a Multi band
Fan dipole. I hate trap antennas. No-workie on MARS.

"W3CQH" wrote in message

"R.Scott" wrote in message
Anyone mounted a 4 band (or 5 band) on a travel trailer or other RV.
Ive a 4BTV coming and want to just mount it easily on my trailer when
parked to work contacts while camping.

Scotty W7PSK

Build a mount to attach to the tongue of the trailer. 73's