Old August 1st 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default Mount for 4 band Vertical on Travel Trailer.

Anyone mounted a 4 band (or 5 band) on a travel trailer or other RV.
Ive a 4BTV coming and want to just mount it easily on my trailer when
parked to work contacts while camping.

Scotty W7PSK

A couple suggestios: Does your trailer have a ladder in the back? If
so, consider fabricating a custom bracket, fastened to the ladder, and
mount your vertical on that ( off to the side so as not to impinge on use
of the ladder). I used two heavy aluminum pieces u-bolted to the ladder
about 4 feet apart to hold my vertical antenna support mast. I bonded
the bottom of my ladder to the chassis underneath with wide tinned copper
braid strap and it makes an excellent counterpoise for my HF vertical
mounted on the ladder.

If the trailer has a square bumper on the rear, that is another
possibility for locating a mounting bracket with readily available
clamps.

If you can't do this, you might consider buying, of building a simple
vertical support of a steel tube welded to a flat plate. Simply park the
trailer tire on the flat plate, which will hold the antenna base very
firmly in place.

Ed K7AAT