Old August 1st 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] plimmer@telkomsa.net is offline

Default Palstar releases updated version of the R30

On Aug 1, 4:19*pm, mike0219116 wrote:
http://www.palstar.com/r30.php

I'm not sure I like the new tuning knob.

Looks like a great little radio for general AM SW listening with some
good specs.
I really like the portatop battery operation for holiday operation,
especialy at a coastal cottage.

However, my most important feature for a $700 portatop would be a
really top class synchronous upper and lower sideband detector, like
the Drake SW2 (and Grundig Sat 800). Can't undesratnd why that radio
was not more popular and had to be dropped (the SW2).

I'm not sure how it will perform against an Icom IC-R75 in the same
price range - some specs are better and some worse.
Anyway, for those who buy it = enjoy - it's a great little RX.

Have fun and good listening.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx