Old August 2nd 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default (OT) S. California Earthquake

Dave wrote:

BCBlazysusan wrote:
On Aug 1, 8:53 am, Dave wrote:
It's just a matter of time before a hurricane reeks havoc on New York
City; should they evacuate now?

Have you truly read and researched about this subject matter other
than major motion picture or books of fiction? I am serious when I say
this. You may do this in the field of work that you do. I don't- I
just try an use common sense. From what I have read it would
'literally' take an act of God for a storm pattern to do to New York
what Hollywood book writers try an portray is going to happen in the
near future. Now for sake of conversation, could it happen? Sure it
could. But if you know anything about weather patterns and such it
would .......like I said.....be an act of God. In that case, nothing
is going to stop it.

Southern California has the best weather in the country.

No doubt. Just about everytime I hear or read about the weather in
California it is nice. The day after the crap hits the fan and every
major press/journalist is over there.....in the background it will
look like a postcard. Of course minus the destroyed home/buildings/
highways and death etc. etc. etc. Again - many analogies could now be
written- but I won't waste the bandwidth. ;-)

The earthquake
risk is part of the price one pays for living in paradise.

I noticed the ironic choice of words there. **earthquake/risk/price/
paradise** It is like those four words don't belong in the same
sentence but alas they are. That is what I am saying - again not to
sound mean- because just like Louisiana- you think that was bad?
LOL....dude that was childs play compared to what is going to happen
to the western area. It may sound harsh but when it does go down - and
it will- chances are (using my crystal ball again) I will be slowly
sipping my coffee and shaking my head and rolling my eyes - like "DUH"
don't act like this wasn't expected...lol. No- I am not sending anyone
money either.

Regardless
of the ridiculous coverage in the national press, virtually nobody here
thought it was a very big deal.

Indeed it was ridiculous. That size of quake isn't nothing - I also
believe nobody there felt it was a big deal because I know for a fact
that it wasn't a big deal and I live in Cincinnati- imagine that.

A disaster can strike one part of town and life goes on elsewhere. When
you're a hundred miles wide by sixty miles high that's how it is.

How many miles high are you today, Rickets?