Old July 13th 03, 03:35 PM
greg z

Default htx-252 compatible mic???

ow hard would it be to wire up a third-party mic to an htx-252?

tia!

------------------------
Uses the common condenser mic / 2k to ground ptt circuit.
I use mine as a NCS station and wanted to use a headset so I
drilled a hole in the rear of the mic in installed a 3/32'' jack.
this allows me to use the regular mic and when I want to use my headset i just
plug the headset into the mic and the plug for the earphone into the extspk
jack(optional). I use the RS headset 19-312
which can be had at RS on closeout for $10.00. These headset are nice because
the plugs aren't siamesed and fit many different handhelds and do vox also.The
ptt is mounted on my clipboard so I can key with my left hand and log with my
right (sitting in my easyboy).I get many comments on the great quality of my
audio.
I have a link to the schematic for the htx-252 available on request.
73
KC*VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true