Old August 3rd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Help me buy VHF/UHF television antenna? Can't decide!

Actually the 2016 has some advantages. Although the other will have higher
UHF gain, it has no gain and no protection against multipath on the VHF
frequencies. The 2016 will be flatter with a cleaner front to back pattern
(although lower gain). If you have no hills or tall buildings and the
source is on a single tower, then the other may be better.

Depending on your terrain. If there are hills or tall buildings you will
want a sharper, higher gain antenna then add attenuators or tilt
compensation to reduce the reflections. Saving $20 or $40 can wind up a
waste of money.

As always, your mileage may vary due to terrain, location and ERP of the
transmitters. The real answer is to look at what others are using and see
what the picture is like. If they suck on Analog, you may have dropouts on
DTV. Anyway, its all just commercial liberal commie brainwashing and
propaganda. What channel has the Rifleman and Andy Griffith still?

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

wrote in message
I'm in zip code 63401

This means that my local off air channels will revert
to high VHF next Feb....... channels 7 and 10.

Along with few channels that will stay on UHF mainly
PBS channel

Soooo..... I need a combo high VHF/UHF antenna

Compact would be nice for sure

I'm looking at these two diff antennas:

Channel Master 2016

http://www.summitsource.com/product_...oducts_id=7084

Or the Winegard HD 1080

http://www.summitsource.com/product_...oducts_id=7048

I'm gonna mount the antenna at the peak of my side of
the duplex I rent and the towers are all in same
direction and 20+ miles northeast of me. I will use a J
mast and mount like a satellite dish.

Which of these two antennas would YOU go for and why?
I'm undecided!!

definitely the HD, anything with HD in the name has to be higher
definition than anything else and that must be better than non-HD.

Remember the special antennas that were sold which were marked "color" TV
antennas?

Ed, NM2K