Old August 4th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Glass Mount Antenna

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:30:00 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

I have a dual band glass mount antennas but did not get info to install. I
have installed the antennas and it seems to work fine on 2m as far as SWR.
However, 450 SWR is very high and I am not sure what the small stub is to
do. Is it vert.,horiz.,up or down? I have NOT tried to tune with the cap in
the box as the SWR on 2 m is OK and not sure if it has anything to do with
450.
HELP
K5WOR

I presume by stub, you mean the single radial that comes as an
attachement to the feedpoint. First, it is probably anodized black -
scrape off the anodization. Second, twist the orientation for best
results. Third, run the feedline close to the chassis (sheet metal)
to decouple it.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC