Old August 4th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] nc183d@aol.com is offline

Default Zenith Ineter Oceanic R91 experience anyone??

Hi All,

I picked up what appears to be an early 1960's Zenith Inter Oceanic
Solid-State model Royal 91 set. Is this a poor mans Trans Oceanic?
What should I expect from it in terms of performance? It appears to be
a no-frills set, not even a pilot light in this beast. It runs on 8 D
cells, almost an anchor. It appears to be OK on AM, but I haven't run
it on SW from fabulous NW N.J yet.

I would imagine that getting the original Zenith 12v power supply is
out of the question, no?

Has anyone had any experience with one of these yet?

rgds,

Mark S.