Old August 4th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Vertical problem

Michael Coslo wrote:
Well, I don't think we can cover the entire earth with water past
the height of the tallest mountains. Like that ever happened tho'.

The original languages, like our own version of English,
had numerous definitions of "earth". I can cover the
"entire earth" in my handful of earth with a pint of water.

At the time of that original tale, man had absolutely no
concept of a 8000 mile diameter "planet earth". "Earth"
was as far (and as flat) as one could see and I have seen
Texas floods, in my lifetime, where nothing but water
could be seen. :-) Heck, I have been sailing on Clear
Lake, out by NASA, when I couldn't see anything but
water in all directions.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com