Old August 4th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] garyarnold@aol.com is offline

Default CCrane Radio Plus

On Aug 3, 9:24 pm, "Count Floyd"
wrote:
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 02:27:20 UTC, Scott Nelson

wrote:
Is this radio really as good as they say? The price has been reduced
and I am thinking of getting one. Would there be a better choice?
Mainly interested in AM listening.

Thanks

For $10 more, you can have the CCRadioSW. It has the built in Twin
Ferrite core antenna and has the best MW I have heard. I bought one
and am very pleased with it.

--

I have both the CCRadio and the CCRadioSW and the CCRadio OUTPERFORMS
the CCRadioSW on the medium (AM) band. The CCRadioSW has better

The built-in Twin Ferrite core antenna in the CCRadioSW is a joke as
far as I am concerned. It's NOT anything comparable to the stand-
alone Twin Ferrite core antenna that C Crane offers.