Old August 4th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Slot Array Antenna Narrow bandwidth

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:49:12 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

Some of the people we've talked to have warned us that slot arrays are
narrow bandwidth. I thought I understood this issue, but I'm
beginning to doubt myself.

Hi Chris,

The best way to resolve this terminology problem is to ask the ones
with the objections - it was their term after all.

Barring that, they could be talking about directivity vs. frequency.

Either way, the enumeration of your required characteristics should
point out how useful any system would be as their own may aid or
conflict due to their own abilities to support your goal.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC