Old August 4th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Noise figu 7360 vs. 6JH8?

Tio Pedro wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

I have not, although I have used the 6JH8 for product detector designs
before and they are just fabulous. I think they are certainly the equal
of the 7360.

There are a bunch of other sheet-beam tube designs out there as well,
also intended for color TV chroma demodulators like the 6JH8. They
are all fairly similar.

Scott, did you go through the bother to use balanced circuits?

Yes, because I stole the design from RCA. How balanced it really was,
considering my handmade transformers and sloppy wiring, though, is another
question.
--scott