Old August 5th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] radioguy222@yahoo.com is offline

Default radiocop ready to turn in legal cbers to the fcc for making legal cbtransmissions

I just read a post in the scanner newsgroup by a "radiocop" ready to
turn in perfectly legal cbers
for the crime of legally transmitting on a perfectly legal CB
frequency.

since the radiocop seems to not know that the perfectly legal CB
frequency is a perfectly legal
CB frequency.

I wonder why he.she fancies himself.herself as a radiocop when they
don't even know the radio
rules/laws???

The CBers did not cause any interference and did not do anything
illegal.

The radiocop even admitted that the cbers weren't on there during the
day when the wi dot uses
it, only at night. about or after midnight.

Yet he made recordings of the cbers to turn into the FCC for doing it.

I tried to set him straight on it and told him it's a CB frequency.

So now we just have to wait and see what his/her response is if any.

I then looked on another site where there were several posts made this
year 2008 by "radiocops" all saying that FM mode CB transmissions on
154.570 MHZ are against the law in the U.S.
and that you need a business license to legally use that frequency.

However, none of the posts there mentioned the correct information,
that 154.570 MHZ is a
perfectly legal CB frequency in the U.S. which all U.S. citizens can
legally use without any
kind of license at all.

CB transmissions on 154.570 MHZ is