Old August 5th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Krys Krys is offline

Default Can I manually adjust my gain?

I have a telemetry system set up so I can have radio collars on
animals (wombats) which transmits to a directional Yagi 3 antenna and
through to a TR-5 Telonics receiver. I am getting activity data now
directional data.
The wombats are zoo animals so the range isn't far (about 100m) but my
problem is that their dens are made of concrete and seem to block too
much of the signal. This system was used previously with no problems
so I can't figure out why it isn't now. The antenna is mounted on the
roof of my office building. Would it help to place it vertically
instead of horizontally?
What else can I manually do to boost this signal? Otherwise what is
the easiest and cheapest ways to boost the signal. There are twelve
frequencies that I am getting but about 6 of them aren't great, The
frequencies operate about 151.000
Help!