Old August 5th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Vertical problem

826 wrote:

Owen

Hi all,
The antenna is now working very well on all bands. After installing both
choke baluns at the antenna base and in the shack, the resonant points
measured from the shack end were the same as with the short coax at the
antenna without the longer coax shield connected. Everything is OK now. All
it needed was the two baluns.
Regards
Vern M0WQR

Your path sounds very similar to mine. At first, unless the plans/specs
called for a balun/choke, I ignored the need. Now I use one, or more,
no matter what ... I picked up that knowledge here. At first, the loss
of the balun/choke made me hesitant--I no longer worry about those
trivial matters. :-)

Regards,
JS