Old August 5th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default Vertical problem

Funny, I've seen no one recommend addition of a 1:1 choke balun
near the
antenna feedpoint. If RF is flowing back down the shield of his
feedline, that surely could cause some incorrect readings on SWR in
the shack, wouldn't it? K7AAT

And, how well would rf flow back down the shield of
"buried 75 foot of RG213..." ? :-)

Jonesy

Apparently well enough to cause a problem. Its now 9 days
later from the above comment, and I see today that the original poster
followed my suggestion to install a balun which has solved his problem.

Ed K7AAT