Old August 6th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Help me buy VHF/UHF television antenna? Can't decide!

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:15:50 -0500, wrote:

"JB" wrote:

While the 1080 UHF is fairly sharp with some potential gain, the VHF
elements seem to be little more than "rabbit ears" - In fact it is a swept
dipole, so will be bi-directional and easily pick up reflections from behind
and around you..

I'm a bit confused on your remark above.

Looks to me like the 1080 is perfectly flat antenna.
Where do you see any bending or sweeping of elements?

It would be even more informing if the "gain" attributed to it (not to
speak of lobe characteristics) were revealed through a link, as
certainly the vendor is wholly lacking in those substantives.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC