Old August 6th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Vertical problem

Cecil Moore wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:
Well, I don't think we can cover the entire earth with water past the
height of the tallest mountains. Like that ever happened tho'.

The original languages, like our own version of English,
had numerous definitions of "earth". I can cover the
"entire earth" in my handful of earth with a pint of water.

At the time of that original tale, man had absolutely no
concept of a 8000 mile diameter "planet earth". "Earth"
was as far (and as flat) as one could see and I have seen
Texas floods, in my lifetime, where nothing but water
could be seen. :-) Heck, I have been sailing on Clear
Lake, out by NASA, when I couldn't see anything but
water in all directions.

Absolutely. No question that the great flood was a localized phenom. I
was just getting in my occasionall dig at those who would demand that
since it says so in one book, it had to have been the world.

The bible is mostly enjoyable reading as long as we don't get tripped
up on the whole literal thing.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -