Old August 9th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JosephKK[_2_] JosephKK[_2_] is offline

Default Vertical problem

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:18:52 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

John Smith wrote:
JosephKK wrote:

95% plus of the transmitter or received energy is safely contained
between center conductor and shield. That is how the physics works
out. All of the feed line center conductor current is pretty well
matched by the same current in the shield. It is the closely coupled
concentric magnetic fields that make coax work so well.

Or, simply put, for ever action, an equal and opposite reaction occurs
... yes, basic physics ... however, what is in question--since the other
braid has and "inside" and an "outside", where does that equal opposite
reaction occur ...

Regard,
JS

Gawd, I am getting hasty in my old age ...

No electrical field can occur without a magnet field, no magnetic field
can occur with out a corresponding electrical component, again, basic
physics; you are attempting to say the magnetic component of the
current on the outside of the braid is NOT SEEN by the center conductor
... that may be in error ... but, I would be willing to listen how
tinned copper (the braid) is some sort of shield to magnetic fields ...

Regards,
JS

Faraday cage.