Old July 16th 03, 06:05 AM
TeeAye

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:38:38 -0400, Alex wrote:

I'm trying to make a simple Hartley VFO. I've made one before no
problem, but this one won't start, period. The only difference between
this one and the last one is that I used a T50-2 core instead of an air
core inductor. Is that likely to kill it?

Also, last VFO I made, I tested it by feeding it and a signal generator
into a product detector to listen for a tone, this one I'm trying to use
a frequency counter to make things simpler. It reads crystal oscillators
no problem, and I've even used it to read a VFO in another receiver, no
problems.

What type of Hartley is it? If it's one with a separate coil for feedback,
you may have the phasing reversed. Just swap the connections on either the
mail tank coil or the feedback coil, but not both.

--
73, Bill W7TI