Old August 10th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Help me buy VHF/UHF television antenna? Can't decide!

OOPS! I guess I got them backwards. I must be up past my bedtime.
wrote in message
news
"JB" wrote:

While the 1080 UHF is fairly sharp with some potential gain, the VHF
elements seem to be little more than "rabbit ears" - In fact it is a

swept
dipole, so will be bi-directional and easily pick up reflections from

behind
and around you..

I'm a bit confused on your remark above.

Looks to me like the 1080 is perfectly flat antenna.
Where do you see any bending or sweeping of elements?