Old August 10th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton Alex Clayton is offline

Default New equipment/technology

"Special Ed" martin@kallikak wrote in message
. ..
I used to listen to scanners maybe 25-30 years ago and thought I might get
back into it. Looks like things have changes a bit since then-- scanners
these days seem to be computers with speakers more than radios!

Anyone got a favorite link or article to help an old dog get back up to
speed so I know what to buy....

TIA

Where do you live, what do you want to listen to? Makes a difference in what
you need. Radio Reference page can some times be a hell of a lot of help in
this area.
--
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does