Old August 10th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Move Am's to channels 5&6?

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Art Harris" wrote in message
A group made up primarily of broadcast
consulting engineers proposes a new use for TV Channels 5 and 6
in the United States once their occupants migrate to digital. It
recommends the reallocation of part of that spectrum for the use
of the country's AM stations.

Many rural areas of the country are dependent on 50kw clear
channel AM stations for basic news and entertainment. 75MHz AM
stations aren't going to cut it.

The clear channels don't generally cover much that is not covered
by dozens of FMs in and around each market the 25 original 1 A
clears today. At night, the AM channels have so much interference
that they don't cover much that is not covered by FMs, too. And in
any case, night radio listening is very low... about 10% of all
radio listening. So saying people are dependent on the clear
channel stations when, in fact, there is scant listening to
stations outside their metro areas, is exaggeration. There is
some, but it is almost statistically insignificant today.

You are so full of it Eduardo.

I invite you to talk to any group manager in radio.

I invite you to buy a radio and listen to it.

I can't imagine any of them saying anything different, because we all
live by the same metrics and information and sales realities.

You live in a reality of your own making.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California