Old August 10th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default Move Am's to channels 5&6?

David Eduardo wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
I can't imagine any of them saying anything different, because we all
live by the same metrics and information and sales realities.
You live in a reality of your own making.

It's the reality of our entire industry.

The "reality" of your "industry" is that when you try to run it like a
factory you ruin the product. You make crap because you have no idea what
you're doing. You forget the intangibles and let the number crunchers
pick the songs. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Huh? In markets like LA, the one you are in, all the significant stations
let the listeners pick the music. And there is an incredible amount of
talent on the air, doing spontaneous, live and entertaining radio.

Letting the listeners pick the music insures a "closed system" that
never takes chances or breaks new ground. Radio should "lead" not "follow".