Old August 11th 08, 01:02 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Cregger Ed Cregger is offline

Default The Strange True Story of a Radio Station's Transmitter in New York State

"HiTech RedNeck" wrote in message

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

I used to pick up AM radio stations in my head. The theory back then was
that it was due to dental work acting as a rectifier, etc.

How on earth could you sleep. You'd need to make your bedroom into a
Faraday cage.

--------------

Truly, it didn't bother me at all. Of course, it could have been just a
coincidence. I used to wonder if I had memorized their play sheet and then
just applied that to the great sense of time that I had back then. I could
come within a minute, twenty four hours a day, of giving the correct time
each and every time someone asked.

The AM radio sense disappeared when I went into the USAF in 1965. When I
came back from the USAF some four years later, the 1380 WAMS radio station
was gone as was the use of the frequency. The USAF removed quite of a few
teeth during my four year sojurn. I always figured that was the reason why
radio reception stopped.

Ed, NM2K