Old August 12th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] radioguy222@yahoo.com is offline

Default CB Radio Operating

On Aug 12, 12:03*pm, "The Dude!" wrote:
I wish CBers would follow rules that exist concerning the use of foul
language. *I like to hear and speak with CBers during my daily commute. *I
can't, however, have the CB on when the kids are in the car due to the
prolific use of foul language. *It's really sad how far the service has
sunk.

Well for starters, while the above is true, there's also the fact that
what is considered perfectly acceptable G rated okay
sentences for kids to use in Appalachia, is considered by the rest of
the country to be X-rated words that kids should never say and no one
should ever use on the radio.

And all because the words simply have a different meaning in the
different parts of the country.

And since most people think of cb, for some reason, as connected with
Appalachia, of course you're going to hear
sentences on CB such as "that freaking lady at the store didn't give
my kids a poke" that you don't want your kids to
hear because it's X rated "foul language".

No, not there it isn't. It doesn't mean the same thing. It's not X-
rated, but perfectly acceptable G rated.

And complaining about store workers not doing that is a very valid
complaint today.

And then the "radio cops" wonder why people don't like them when the
radio cops turn them in to the fcc for saying such
innocent things over the air as "saying obscene things over the air
that are prohibited by FCC rules" and filing severe
criminal charges against them with other agencies that can land the
person in jail for the rest of their lives for a crime
they never ever committed, just because the radio cop decides the
sentence means something other than it does.