Old August 15th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] david@drumheller.org is offline

Default Boatanchor prices

On Aug 14, 10:48*pm, terryS wrote:
Am a bit older than most who have mentioned it here!!!!
No problem; on eBay for example; see an item and before bidding
decide,
a) Do I really need/want it? Or am I just being nostagically old and
foolish.
b) If yes; what sort of cost limit am I prepared to go to. If bidding
is 'brisk' do I want to go a 'little more' either in dollars or a
percentage? *Usually that answer 'no'.
c) Forget about it. Noting however the price *that it eventually sells
for future info.
d) End of discussion.

Yup--this is essentially the same approach I use for making Ebay
purchases.

Generally speaking, if bidding is brisk on an item I’m interested in,
I’m not inclined to get in on the action. And that’s not a problem,
because all I have to do is wait and sooner or later it pops up
again.

-Dave Drumheller, K3WQ