Old August 15th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default (OT) : Barack Hussein Obama II -connection-to- The CommunistParty USA (CPUSA)

RHF wrote:

Frankly Dave - I thought you were well 'informed'

And I thought you knew how to read...

"Link between Davis and Barack Obama
The neutrality of this section is disputed.
Please see the discussion on the talk page. (June 2008)
Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved.

In his autobiographical Dreams from My Father, U.S. Senator and
Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama wrote about
"Frank", a friend of his grandfather's. "Frank" told Obama that he and
Stanley (Obama's maternal grandfather) both had grown up only 50 miles
apart, near Wichita, although they did not meet until Hawaii. He
described the way race relations were back then, including Jim Crow, and
his view that there had been little progress since then. As Obama
remembered, "It made me smile, thinking back on Frank and his old Black
Power, dashiki self. In some ways he was as incurable as my mother, as
certain in his faith, living in the same sixties time warp that Hawaii
had created."[13]

Gerald Horne, a Communist Party historian and contributing editor of
Political Affairs, claims that "Frank" was Davis, and further claimed he
was a "decisive influence" on Obama.[14] Claims of "decisive influence",
'mentor" and "father figure" are not supported by any facts or in
Obama's memoir."
-from the wikipedia sourced by Roy