Old August 18th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Identify coax

JIMMIE wrote:
What do you call the small rigid coax similar in size to RG402 but
very rigid. I feel like an idiot after working with this stuff for 20
years and have only refered to it as minature hardline.

Jimmie

If it has a solid, usually plain or tinned copper, shield, it's known as
semi-rigid coax. There are no RG numbers associated with it that I know
of -- it's simply specified by impedance and outside diameter - 0.085,
0.141, 0.250 inches and smaller are common. Insulation is usually, but
not always, solid PTFE Teflon. Various manufacturers offer a number of
variations, such as aluminum shield and FEP or foamed dielectric. Each
manufacturer has its own part numbering scheme.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL