Old August 18th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
Dale Parfitt[_3_] Dale Parfitt[_3_] is offline

Default FA: Galaxy GT-550, CW filter, PS/speaker all MINT!!

"Michael Black" wrote in message
ample.org...
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...63&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver
section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

He has it listed as a transceiver because it IS a transceiver. I have
three
here, and have restored two others- and I must say his auction is for the
cleanest one I have ever seen.
As for listing the P.S. separately, this seems to be standard procedure.
Many BA collectors have HP-23's, 117XC's etc that they use
interchangeably
on these rigs, so the factory supply may or may not be required. If I did
not need the supply, I sure woud not want to be paying shipping on it.

Dale W4OP

I had wondered if there was some confusion on the part of the previous
poster, since "Galaxy" nowadays seems to be a brand name for CB type
things, though I have no idea if there's any connection to the original.

Off hand, I couldn't think of any transmitter from the real Galaxy. They
had that really fancy receiver in the late sixties, the R-350 or whatever,
and they had transceivers, but I can't picture any transmitters.

Michael VE2BVW

Hi Michael,

I don't know of any TX either. The R350 and R1350 are both fine receivers,
but no stand alone TX that I am aware of.

In later years, the CB industry hijacked the Galaxy name and continue to
churn out "10M" rigs.

Dale W4OP