Old August 19th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Ham or CB Antenna?

He's obviously not legal. He has been getting louder and louder over
the years to the point of what I described in my earlier post about
the problem with the TV's now.

You are probably not going to agree with this Des, but the fact that you
have a problem with your TV and hifi is no indication that the guy with the
transmitter is at fault. Hams are legally allowed to transmit with very high
power and the fact that your equipment is susceptible to these transmissions
is more an indication of your equipment's short comings than the
transmitter's. Unfortunately some manufacturers take few precautions to
prevent this kind of interference getting into audio equipment etc. They
prefer to save money and only deal with complaints when they occur; it is
more cost effective for them!! The selling price is no indication of how
well a TV or hifi will stand up when exposed to strong transmissions.

Home theatre set ups are especially susceptible due to all the long speaker
cables lying about acting as antennas.

Regards
Jeff