Old August 20th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Cregger Ed Cregger is offline

Default Ham or CB Antenna?

"DES" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 6:51 pm, John Smith wrote:
DES wrote:
Bad picture, but can someone tell me if the antenna on top of the
tower is for a Ham or CB radio? (I know the one on the left is a EV
ant

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002446.jpg

Better question, are you receiving your TV from rabbit ears, external
(outside antenna), cable, satellite, internet, etc? -- which one(s?)

Regards,
JS

Cable. And the house was completely rewired inside and out about 4
yrs ago.

Just had the cable company out here last week, and they said there was
nothing they could do because everything was in working order.

----------

While there are exceptions to the rule, generally cable installers are not
electronics savvy. Installing cable does not require any education in
electronics. That is why most cable companies subcontract their installation
work to independent folks. They don't want to have to pay qualified
electronics people at positions other than the head end.

So, don't think that the cable guys have the final word on your situation.
Being a home theater enthusiast, it will be good for your system's
performance for you to become proactive and learn some electronics. No one
will care for your system as well as you will.

Ed, NM2K