Old August 20th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Burying coax idea

Joe wrote:
Have any of you ever used a gas powered lawn edger to bury a cable/s? I
was thinking of trying this. I wonder if I set the edger blade at about
2 " or so deep and took my time if it would work. I need to bury 3
cables from my Direct TV dish and a RG8 coax from my vertical to my
house. Please post if you think this would work or have tried it.
Thanks.

Got a four wheel drive?

In the past, I have just chained a wide crowbar to the hitch, at a low
point on the bar, held it up-right and had the wife idle forward in the
line I had for the coax. Two/three passes got me the depth I wished ...
some cleaning of the trench was done after ... easiest I have found.
Have used this for radials also ... but, would NOT be suited for ones
small yard.

However, in very rocky soil I wonder how well it would work?

Regards,
JS