Old August 22nd 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hal Rosser Hal Rosser is offline

Default Burying coax idea

"Joe" wrote in message
. ..
Have any of you ever used a gas powered lawn edger to bury a cable/s? I
was thinking of trying this. I wonder if I set the edger blade at about 2
" or so deep and took my time if it would work. I need to bury 3 cables
from my Direct TV dish and a RG8 coax from my vertical to my house.
Please post if you think this would work or have tried it.
Thanks.

sounds like a good idea - might try using 2 blades if you can.
I have also heard of buying a new chain and bar for your chainsaw, then
using the OLD one to cut a path through the yard.
But whatever you do, do not even think of touching a shovel - that would be
un-ham-like. :-)