Old August 22nd 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Burying coax idea

Michael Coslo wrote:
Owen Duffy wrote:

Ah, but that rental cost is something. I'd be looking at hundreds of
dollars each time I do it. Thousands if I hire someone.

That 40 dollars I spent for the electric chansaw is cheap by comparison.
And very very quick. Yeah, it ruins the chainsaw blade and bar. At 40
dollars, I consider the whole thing disposable. I could buy a lot of
them for the price of renting the trencher.

The small trenchers rent for $35/hr in my area (4" wide x 24" deep).
There's a 2 hour minimum. You can dig a LOT of trenches in really hard
soil with lots of rocks in 2 hours. I also found out you could have
them deliver the thing and pick it up for $80 (which is a lot of money
if you happen to have a vehicle that can tow a small trailer, but if all
you have is a compact car, it's a lot cheaper than renting a truck)

In any case, not hundreds of dollars.