Old August 22nd 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Sending power into rig unused for 30 years : Precautions ?

Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
On Aug 22, 5:06 am, " wrote:

Peter - lots of good stuff in there, but perhaps overkill..like the ac
power supply with its own meters - would be simple to use for the
methods you describe.

The Kenwood is a "Valve hybrid" - there are 3 tubes in there, a driver
and 2 output tubes in //. Filamnets are switchable on/off. Idle
current is.....very low, never measured it, had no need to. The light
bulb method does work sufficiently well for the purpose intended.

I think I missed just what type of rig it was. If it a Kenwood TS-830,
the owner has to immediately ship it to me, as those units had a
particular problem that ony I can fix.

I tested out one of those, and fell in love with it. Good sound, Hot
receiver, good looking rig, The big issue with those was the band
changing switch. Not a big deal.

Heck, I'll even pay shipping ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -